Re: Stored Procedures and Forms 4.5

From: G. Gersdorf <G.Gersdorf_at_tu-bs.de>
Date: 1996/02/07

Dennis Currit_at_atk.com wrote:

> I am having trouble accessing a stored procedure from a trigger in Forms
> 4.5. It works fine for the owner of the procedure, but doesn't work for
> other users. These users have "execute" privelege for the procedure.
> Moreover, they can execute the procedure from sqlplus. I think the
> problem is that I don't know how to qualify the procedure name. If I
> create the form using the userid of the owner of the procedure and don't
> qualify the procedure name, it compiles the trigger and generates the
> form. If I run the form using any other user id, it gets an ORA-06550
> error. If I create the form using any other user id, it will not compile
> the trigger, no matter how I qualify the procedure name. Any help would
> be appreciated. Thanks.You can't qualify a procedure with a Schema name. To acces a procedure
in another schema, you MUST create a cynonym for the procedure, or if the procedure is in a package, you must define a synonym for the package! Guenter

--
Guenter Gersdorf                         Phone:      +49/(0)531/391-7634
Inst. f. Werkzeugmaschinen               Fax:                      -5842