Re: Forms 4.0 - how to build WHERE clause dynamically in PL/SQL

From: G. Gersdorf <G.Gersdorf_at_tu-bs.de>
Date: 1996/02/07

Charles E. Swift wrote:

> I am trying to build an Oracle*Forms applications that
> will accept selection criteria and logical operators
> from the user and dynamically build the WHERE
> clause of a SELECT statement. I am unable to use substitutions
> (ie &varname), name_in(variable), or simply variable
> in the WHERE clause ('variable' contains the built WHERE clause).
> Only the VALUE (ie where colname = varname) of the WHERE
> clause can be stated this way. I would like to *build* this
> WHERE clause so I do not have to write a hellish IF of CASE
> statement. Any suggestions??
>
> ( BTW I am not able to use the default Forms
> functionality for this application.)
>
> Thanks!
> Charles Swift
>
> charless_at_umich.edu

Change the WHERE Clause, associated with a Basetable Block, with

        SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY(block_name, DEFAULT_WHERE, where_clause); and EXECUTE_QUERY;

Guenter

--
Guenter Gersdorf                         Phone:      +49/(0)531/391-7634
Inst. f. Werkzeugmaschinen               Fax:                      -5842