Re: Importing data base files

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/02/06

John Futhey <jfuthey_at_olympus.net> wrote:

>Is there a list of data base formats that Oracle will readily import
>without a lot of massaging? In particular Foxbase and D4. Is there any
>documentation on the net that discusses this?

>Thanks

>John Futhey

I dont think it directly imports any other native database formats. You have two options that I know of.

  1. Export the data out of the other database in text form (fixed length or delimited) and use sqlload to load it. Direct path loads are *very* fast.
  2. If it's available with your other database, use ODBC to connect to oracle and transfer data that way. -- Chuck Hamilton chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself! Received on Tue Feb 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message