Re: Power Objects Reports

From: Kasu Sista <sista_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/02/06

On Sun, 28 Jan 96 20:26:07 GMT, Tom Cooke <Tom_at_tomcooke.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Sorry to be dense, but how do views help you with the order of data?
>I know you can use them to join tables and select different columns,
>and/or limit the set of rows you get, but even if you've got a view,
>you still have to order the results whichever way you want when you
>actually query it?

A View is created using a SQL statement. So you can use the Order By clause to order the data in a view. This is your best bet for getting the data in the order you want. There is also an Order By property in the detail section of the report. You can specify the order here also.

>I too am having trouble with a report in Power Objects;
>the manual says that reports are ordered by default by the primary
>key, and this seems *not* to work - I have a table in Blaze in which
>the "default" order is wrong (i.e. I loaded the data into a PO7 table
>in the right order, then Alt-dragged the table to Blaze, and it has
>moved the data around in about one hundred-row blocks...). Help!

This is a new one on me. There were some problems with dragging and dropping data into Blaze. Did you have a compound key by any chance?

Kasu Sista
Links Technology Corp. Received on Tue Feb 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message