Re: Inserting apostrophes into columns thru tp gateway

From: Kirk Bradley <kbradley_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/02/06

Huh.. db2_table_column = "Monday's" is totally different than

      db2_table_column = 'Monday"s'

The 1st is setting the db2 column to ANOTHER DB2 COLUMN and the 2nd is setting the db2 column to an 8 character literal!

You should have received an error message in case 1 complaining about an invalid/unknown column name.

What are you using as the front end i.e. the code that calls OCI? Is it an Oracle tool, VB, Access? We'll check on the other case of Monday vs Monday's. I assume the DB2_table_column is at least 8 bytes long right ;-)