Re: Oracle Power Object: Problem with Standalone RecordSets

From: Michael Kranzdorf <mikek_at_krt.com>
Date: 1996/02/05

In article <ericth-0402962128470001_at_204.19.33.128>, ericth_at_montrealnet.ca (Eric Therrien) wrote:

> I need some advice about this piece of code down here. I have a form (your
> basic "just created" form with no bound table), with two field (both are
> popup) one is listing all the doctor (popMedecin), the other is listing
> all the clinic the doctor is qualified to handle (popClinMed). To match
> the popClinMed field, I "build" the translation property of the popClinMed
> field when I modify the value of the popMedecin field with the
> PostChange() method, so it only happen when there's a change of doctor.

Just do a select that creates a two row relation based on the search criteria in the first popup. I'm not sure what you want to put in the translation property of the clinic popup, or what TEST_VIEW contains, so I don't know if I got the select right, but this is the idea:

popMedecin postchange()

inherited.postchange
popClinMed.Translation = "=SELECT C_CLINIQUE, C_CLINIQUE FROM TEST_VIEW WHERE NOM = " & SELF.VALUE

Michael Kranzdorf                                    mikek_at_krt.com
Kranzco Realty Trust       http://www.krt.com         610.941.9292