Re: Non-SQL*net api solution?

From: Sylvain Faust <sfaust_at_sfi-software.com>
Date: 1996/02/04

Jay Ramadorai wrote:

> Are there any api products out there that allow clients to
> interact with an Oracle server on a Unix box without the use of
> SQL*Net. What about Oracle OCI? The solution I'm looking for will
> allow client programmers to code their data requests (perhaps in
> C or C++) in a generic database-independent way using an
> api-interface that will do the conversions, row-fetching, column
> delimiting, sqlca capture, etc that ODBC or OO40 or Oracle*Glue
> would do along with SQL*NET? I do not mind any level of
> complication on the server side.
> Basically, I don't want to have to install SQL*NET and ORACLE's
> TCP/IP adapter on the client. Given a pc, a wire and TCP/IP what
> is the (additional) minimum I need to have and do to talk to my
> Solaris Oracle7?
> Thanks
> Jay Ramadorai
> Software Builders
> 103422,1467_at_CompuServe.com
>
> --
> Jay Ramadorai
> Software Builders
> 103422.1467_at_CompuServe.com

Hi!

   If you do OCI programming, from an NT station, you don't need much. For example, our OCI/OCX 32 bit product, when use on a Windows NT Workstation (or Server) you simply need 4 DLL, ie:
ORA7NT.DLL
CORENT.DLL
MSVCRT10.DLL
SQLNMPNT.DLL (This is for named pipes support, it is another different one for TCP/IP support).

If you want to try our SQL-Sombrero/OCX for OCI, simply go to http://www.sfi-software.com and download it for free testing.

Hope this can help.
Sylvain
SFI Received on Sun Feb 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message