Re: sqldba on vt100

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/02/04

Michael Ayers <siemens_at_infi.net> wrote:

>hi all, I am brand spanking new to the world of oracle. My boss says
>that I am to become our "expert" though. Friday, while browsing around
>our system (aix) I found the sqldba program. I ran it from a vt100
>terminal, it looks very nice with its menus an such. My question is,
>How do you access these menus with a vt100 terminal? I tryed all sorts
>of key combinations but nothing seems to work.
>Any sugestions????
>Thanks

CTRL+K will list all of the key combinations. If you're using a Windows terminal emulator you'll need to set it up so that it passes function keys on to the host instead of interpreting them as Windows commands since sqldba relies heavily on them. Also you need to make sure the numeric keypad keys are passing the VT100 escape codes to the host, not just the numbers themselves.

Basics are:

Keypad-0	activate menus
Keypad-3	rotate windows
PF3 (i.e. F3)	execute (same as "OK" button)
PF4		close window

See CTRL+K for the rest.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving isn't for you.