Re: SQLNet & database caching

From: Willy Klotz <willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org>
Date: 1996/02/04

Eoin writes in article <1996Jan22.122838.2139_at_buckie.uhcolorado.edu>:

> We have an Oracle database (7.1) on a DEC Alpha server, and we are using
> Forms 4.5 (windows) applications linking using SQLNet TCP/IP.
> We are finding that each logged on user is requiring about 5.5 megabytes
> of RAM on the DEC for processing queries, and this seems excessive.
>
> Are there SQLNet or Oracle parameters that we can change to reduce this
> amount of RAM required per user on the server?

You can switch to MTS (multithreaded server); for this to use, you must have SQL*NET V2 and a LISTENER running on your system.

This way, not every logged on user must have its own oracle process running, the system then uses a "pool" of processes to serve the users.

> Thanks.

 Willy Klotz

Willys Mail     FidoNet              2:2474/117  2:2474/118
      willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org      VFC        ISDN/X.75
   -> No Request from 06.00 to 08.00 <-