HELP! ORACLE 7.0 DOWN MISSING DBF FILES

From: Edward Stouffer <stouffer_at_clark.net>
Date: 1996/02/03

In moving Oracle 7 between machines, we lost 3 dbf files. They are for a tablespace which is used for temp data. Can we SOMEHOW get the instance up? We have tried copying the other files in the tablespace but Oracle is smart enough to know that the data file number is different.

Any help would be appreciated. Urgent problem. 12 GB of data. Need to be online in 36 hours.

E-mail to stouffer_at_techarchitects.com is preferred.

Thanks E

Ed Stouffer
Enabling Technologies Corp.
stouffer_at_techarchitects.com

Edward Stouffer                      | stouffer_at_clark.net
Vice President, Technology Services  | tel: (410) 740-5641
Enabling Technologies Corp.          | fax: (410) 992-5213
Columbia, MD USA                     |

...the decline of the American Civilization...stay tuned

--the opinions expressed herein are my own (probably)-- Received on Sat Feb 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message