Re: What's quicker, table to table insert or extract and sqlload?

From: Richard Frazier <rfrazier_at_mailstorm.dot.gov>
Date: 1996/02/02

Yuk Hon Johnny Chan (jychan_at_corp.hp.com) wrote: : Andy Hardy (aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: : Hi,

: : I've a 6 million row table that needs to be copied to another, to
: : produce identical copies.

: : I'm contemplating either performing a very large insert (will I have
: : the rollback to support it!) or extracting the first table to a file
: : for subsequent loading by sqlload.

: : Any thoughts or suggestions?

How about exporting the original table, then renaming the original to the duplicate. Then reimport the original. Presto! two identical tables.

Hope this helps.

rick Received on Fri Feb 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message