Re: DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE not working on Oracle 7.1.6.2.0

From: Charles Jardine <cj10_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: 1996/02/02

rkohlhas_at_well.sf.ca.us (Robert Kohlhase) wrote:

>DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE doesn't seem to do anything at all. Is this a bug or is
>there some trick to it I'm missing? Is there a workaround?
>We need to be able to use it inside of a packaged procedure which will be
>called from a program interface.

DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE should be called by the client, not the server, as should DBMS_OUTPUT.GETLINE(S).

SQL*Plus effectively calles ENABLE when you issue the command SET SERVEROUTPUT ON, and then effectively calls GET... after each comment.

You could use ENABLE and GET... in a Forms application. Received on Fri Feb 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message