Re: Challenge: The Best Database Program?

From: Sundial Services <sundial_at_primenet.com>
Date: 1996/02/02

In article <31112D86.165_at_crl.com> john b <jointprd_at_crl.com> writes:

>InfOraBase kicks ass, it will execute any query any time at, accounts for
>all syntax errors, does deductive logic by tapping into user cerebal
>waves and actually executes the query you thought of AND optimizes it
>before you can type it in, administration is a breeze and runs on any
>platform (including all Commador 64's), it only needs 3Kb of memory and
>supports up to 5 terabytes of data, I heard it runs best on a Tandy
>1000's.

>All indexes are created using the multimodal reflection sort (just like
>the one Data used to repell the Borg!!) All front ends are based on
>queries like "select something from somewhere where I will make big bucks
>so I can tell my boss to go take a flying."

>All of this for $99. I hear coupons are coming out so hold out for the
>rebates.

Oops? Didn't you hear that Microsoft wasn't planning to ship that until "real soon now?" ;-) However, on the strength of that promise more than 150 Fortune-100 companies have declared it to be their "strategic corporate standard" and have dispatched their goon-squads to maim, harrass, and otherwise generally-dismember anyone in the company who is caught using anything else. :-)

/mr/ Received on Fri Feb 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message