Re: Challenge: The Best Database Program?

From: Mike Lischke <lischke_at_rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de>
Date: 1996/02/01

lazore_at_csos.orst.edu (Edward E. Lazor) wrote:

>I dunno if I'm opening up a can of worms or what but I figured I'd go
>for it anyways...

>which do you guys feel is the best database program and why?

What are the criterias for you for a 'good' database programm? Would you like to write your own applications for any relevant database out there (local like FoxPro,dbase, or SQL Server like Interbase, Sybase, Oracle a.s.o.) or do you want to start queries and include their results in documents?

In the first case I havily recommend Delphi Client/Server. There's nothing better than that. Believe me! You'll find a 'two way' tool for any development you can formulate in a procedural languange. Delphi consist of a 4GL visual environment and a 3GL non visual part to write nonvisual program parts. Read more in the associated newsgroups of Delphi.

Ciao Mike Received on Thu Feb 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message