Re: C or Perl? Which is the better script language? (Formely:Re: Delphi Dusts Visual Basic)

From: Roy Wagner <roywagner_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/02/01

I've just started to learn/use PERL and, having formerly done some C programming, am very impressed with the capabilities of PERL. You can do almost every you can do in C (the interface language is purposely
"identical") without the many frustrations that managing C programming
entails.

If you already know C, then PERL is very easy to learn. A good book is
"teach yourself PERL in 21 days" by David Till.

PERL was created for the UNIX environment, but there are versions of it for DOS, Apple, Amiga, and other computers.

It is an interpreted language, not compiled, so it does have it's limits based on the power of you computer.

  • Roy Wagner -
    "When driving my Miata, I always get to where I'm going before I want to
    stop driving it."