Re: MS Access & Oracle ODBC "Query Too Complex" message when more than 10 tables joined

From: Simon <repton_at_sugar-land.dowell.slb.com>
Date: 1996/02/01

In article <4dh4ge$lf8_at_mailhost.zeneca.co.uk>,

   Keith Matthews <Keith.Matthews_at_BX1VAX.ZENECA.com> wrote:
>I cannot perform a complex query without the "Query too complex" message
>from Access 2.0.
>I am using v1.11.0.5.0 of the Oracle v7.0 ODBC driver.
>Any ideas please
>Keith Matthews

I found that a simple solution to this without creating the views on the sever was to break the query up. I'm sure it's not the best long term solution, but  if your just playing around with your thoughts then it works. By creating seperate sub-queries, especially where outer joins are concerned, and then pulling them all togther you can get around some of the complex query problems.

Simon Received on Thu Feb 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message