Test Data, Live Data

From: WitthoftM <witthoftm_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/01/30

 I want to set up a test environment with copies of all the same tables as the "live" environment, so I can run test programs without damaging live data.
In SyBase I would simply create another Database, and then by saying either
Use MyFirstDatabase
or
Use MySecondDatabase
all subsequent table references would point to the appropriate spot.

In Oracle it appears I have to have sets of tables created by different users, and then change my >>UserID<< to look at a different set of tables .... ? ? Surely I am simply overlooking something. ?

  • - - - - - - Morgan Witthoft Austin, TX, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Solar Neighborhood, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe