Help: Oracle 7 Replication Option

From: Hussam Dandashli <hussamd_at_skyenet.net>
Date: 1996/01/30

Has any one out there used Oracle & replication option? We need to know if it would help us to mirror data between 2 RS6000 machines running Oracle 7.1.4 and SQL*NET 2.

Does it hurt performance? What kind of lisence and how much it would cost?
I will call Oracle but I would like to hear from people who have tried it to get an objective view of this product.

I would appreciate any help on this subject, and please contact me by e-mail if you have any thoughts on this matter.

Thanks in advance

Hussam Dandashli
Software Engineer
Nibco Inc
e-mail: hussamd_at_skyenet.net Received on Tue Jan 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message