Re: Help with large scale SQLnet 2.1/windows install

From: Jim Gregory <jim.gregory_at_daytonoh.ncr.com>
Date: 1996/01/30

Why don't you just run the install on one PC with the destination to the LAN server subdirectory. We've done this for several LAN's with no problems. We've also just copied the whole directory tree for an already installed SQL*Net to another server directory and that also works fine.

HTH
Jim Gregory

>==========jeff brown, 1/29/96==========
>
>I am going nuts!
>
>I am involved with a large, wide-area installation (actually update) of
>SQLnet 2.1/win. I and my associates are trying to make this as painless
>as possible. We have now copied all of the appropriate diskettes into
>one subdirectory on the LAN, but the Oracle install program refuses to
>run off anything but the installation disk. We would prefer to install
>this software without having to run to every desk statewide and insert a
>disk.
>
>Anyone have any suggestions?
>
>Thanks.

The opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients. Received on Tue Jan 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message