Re: Hardware for Oracle

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1996/01/30

In article <4e757i$264k_at_news.doit.wisc.edu> schave_at_cae.wisc.edu (Jeff Schave) writes:
>Francis Man (fman_at_allmalt.cs.uwm.edu) wrote:
>> Just wonder what platform and OS will Oracle

>> perform the best for client/server apps??

>> Also what development env and tools too?
>
>How big of a database do you have, and how much money do you
>have to spend? If money is no object, get one of the new SGI
>Infinity Reality/ONYX machines with 32 R10000 processors.....

64-bit unix on Alphas running at 400MHz ain't no slouches either.

>Jeff
>
>--
>Jeff Schave Advanced System Administrator/ME Undergrad
>schave_at_maf.wisc.edu Model Advanced Facility
>(608) 265-5092 University of Wisconsin

Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>
%DCL-W-SOFTONEDGEDONTPUSH, Software On Edge - Don't Push.            \ V /
panic: ifree: freeing free inodes...                                   O