Causings using PRO*C + RDBMS 7.1 + VMS 7.x ?

From: Peter H. Larsen <petlars_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1996/01/29

I've written a few PRO*C programs in my time, both user exists and standalone programs. It's always been a fight to get the compiler and linker running first time, when you wanted to use personal libraries or special object-file constructions, but almost everytime the sample-programs with standard Oracle symbols are compile/linkable.

Right now, I got a problem considering a PRO*C program written, linked and running on Unix (multible platforms, RS6000, HP etc.). The same program is now - on a trial basis - being moved to a VAX/VMS 7.x (sorry, the correct version number has slipped) RDBMS 7.1.5.2.3. But the damn thing wont link properly! It refuses to match up some standard symbols (like ERRNO) and some from a non-RDBMS library - but the library version and contents are the same for both the Unix and the VMS platforms.

Does anyone know of restrictions between the two platforms? I had no problems on a VMS 5.4 a year back or so (yeah - and old installation), but it seems I cannot get this thing to work! Btw. the shipped PCL.COM script was invalid (didn't call PROC properly and link command includes invalid spaces). Those where fixed, but I cannot get anything to work. Not even the samples programs :((

Suggestions are very welcome.

Thanx. Received on Mon Jan 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message