Re: Why my procedure becomes invalid again & again ?

From: Steve Barrett <steve_at_eurovis.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/01/29

 Is there any DBA activity on these tables ? If the tables that the procedures use (or indeed other objects) are being exported and reimported to resolve fragmentation then this will invalidate the procedures. I always run a script to check for invalid objects after dba activity and recompile them afterwards. However despite them being marked as invalid I was under the impression that the next time they were accessed a recompiliation would take place anyway (creating a performance hit for the user), if the recompiliation failed further compiliations will not be tried.

 This may not be your problem, but something to elminate maybe.

Steve

In article: <vkj.607.30FE4285_at_ctt.bellcore.com> vkj_at_ctt.bellcore.com (Vinod Jain) writes:

> Hi,
>
> We have a strange problem at our client site. There are some stored
> procedures which become INVALID automatically, even if there are no changes
> in underlying tables, permissions etc. This problem keeps coming every few
> weeks and the client has to recompile it every time.
>
> Any clues to this problem ?
> Thanks
> Vinod Jain

| Steve Barrett    EMail steve_at_eurovis.demon.co.uk                        |