Re: Dropping Dead SQLNET Sessions

From: Craig <caharper_at_hooked.net>
Date: 1996/01/28

Geoff Ingram wrote:

> As you are using SQL*Net 2.1.1 you should be able to use the generic dead
> connection detection feature of SQL*Net. You should have a file in
> network/doc that gives full details of the expire_time parameter
> required to check connections every few minutes and terminate dead ones.

Do you know if an entry is made in the sys.dba_audit_sessions view when a dead SQL*NET connection is detected? I know that an error 1071 is entered but is a logoff_time created? Is there a way to create a logoff_time for this situation?

Thanks,

--

Craig Harper
IFTN

Thinking is more interesting than knowing,
but less interesting than looking.