Oracle Objects for OLE (oo4o) vs. ODBC

From: Bob De Garmo <rrdega_at_mo.net>
Date: 1996/01/28

Can anyone provide any input on Oracle Object for OLE (oo4o)?

We're currently using Intersolv's ODBC drivers for accessing an Oracle 7.1 database from VB client apps and are experiencing horrible performance.

At the IOUW last year I attended a sesion that refered to this product from Oracle, saying that it provides better throughput than ODBC.

I've recently DLed the trial software from Oracle, and will commence evaluating it next week. Any input, pro or con, that can be provided will be appreciated.

Robert R. DeGarmo      St. Louis, Missouri USA
rrdega_at_mo.net