Re: Connect string for Oracle running on NT

From: David Lutz <dliutz_at_nbn.com>
Date: 1996/01/27

In article <4e2ofp$e0r_at_www.basic.net>, lincoln_at_basic.net says...

>I have installed Oracle 7.0 on a box running NT. We will be using named
 pipes
>to provide client access the database. I did not deviate from any of the
>default settings during installation. What will the connect string look
 like
>to connect from a client machine?
>
>Thanks,
>Chris Lincoln

Chris --

    If I remember correctly, the default protocol is TCP/IP. This would make the connect string start with t:. If you are using Named Pipes, then the connect string should start with p:. Outside of that the connect string is the same for both protocols. As always, hope this helps.

Later...
David Received on Sat Jan 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message