Reports: remote - How???

From: <Jer_at_execpc.com>
Date: 1996/01/27

We are running Oracle 7.2 on a Sun Sparc 20 with a mirrored 40 G array. I'm the PC literate person, a little lacking in the Unix world. Although I've been a Novell administrator for 3 years and a DBase/Fox person for 13 years, I know little about Oracle.

The folks we have are not very familiar with anything outside pure Oracle and Solaris.

We need to find a report writer that can be remotely accessed by our dozen clients so they can create their own reports as well as use can reports. I'm very opened to suggestions.

We could let them come in on a T1 line, async, or whatever would be appropriate for the report writer. I need a solution that is rerlatively easy for the end user and accesses Oracle data.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I know there's got to be something out there - there was for Fox and Oracle should be a more robust program....

HELP! TIA, <Jer> Received on Sat Jan 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message