Re: Oracle in NT environment

From: David Lutz <dliutz_at_nbn.com>
Date: 1996/01/27

In article <3103ACB0.6640_at_ore.ims.se>, Ulf.Pettersson_at_ore.ims.se says...

>Do any have one any suggestions how to start an instance automatically
>òn the NT platform ?
>
>Please answer to
>Ulf.Pettersson_at_ore.ims.se
>
>Thanks in advance

I put a icon for SQL*DBA in my startup group. The command line for SQL*DBA includes a SQL script which contains the same commands I use to startup my instance of Oracle. All of this assumes that you have the Oracle services set to startup automatically upon system startup. This is the default upon installation. The script looks like this:

SPOOL STARTUP.LOG
CONNECT INTERNAL/<password>_at_<connect string> e.g., T:ORASERVER:ORCL STARTUP;
DISCONNECT;
SPOOL OFF;
EXIT; Hope this helps.

Later...
David Lutz
dlutz_at_nbn.com Received on Sat Jan 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message