(no subject)

From: Peter Nolan <pnolan_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: 1996/01/27

Hello World*,

    I am appending here to announce a product to be made available in the next few weeks by my company, Nolan Consultants Pty. Ltd.

    It is a product that I believe many people wanting to get started with Relational OLAP and Data Warehousing will find extremely exciting.

    If you want to get started in Data Warehousing or ROLAP, please, read on!!!!

    I have been working in the area of Data Warehouse for 5 years now. The area where I have seen the least amount of knowledge, experience and understanding is the area of how to actually write the code that manages a star-schema. This is also an area where there seems to be no vendors supplying tools unless you have a checkbook with at least $US100,000. That's a lot of money. There seems to be no-one out there helping out the folks who want to get started, but don't have big $$$
to spend.

    Indeed, on the newsgroups and forums that I read, I constantly see requests for information on Star-Schemas. The star-schema is an elegant and simple idea, and completely at odds with how most of us were trained when we went to University. Little wonder so many of us take so long to figure out how it works. I confess that it was quite a while before I got the hang of it.

    Well....NO MORE!!!! You can avoid having to go thru the learning curve of how to write the code to manage star-schemas!!!!

    How??? My company will be releasing a set of Data Transformation and Data Propagation Templates. A part of that product will be the support for building star schema databases from transaction files. The product right now includes 30 cobol programs and 25 DB2 tables which provides templates for supporting most functions of star schema databases as well as
other database designs. I am making it available to people who want to get into ROLAP sooner rather than later, and on a much lower budget than might otherwise be necessary.

    If you want to read about the product we are releasing please come visit our home page at http://www.ozemail.com.au/~pnolan for the details.

    If you are so excited about the prospect of getting your hands on the code to manage a star schema feel free to email me and order one right now!!!

    As I said, it is in the last stages of being packaged up and readied for sale. So if you are one of the first to place an order you will get a say as to what goes into this package.

    I Look forward to hearing from you.

  • I thought I would use 'Hello World' as many a young programmer has started his/her programming career with the famous 'hello world'. I never thought I would see the day where it was quite literally true.
--
Peter Nolan
Principal Consultant

PS. My apologies if I didn't post this correctly. I'm new to multi
newsgroup posts...PN