Re: SQL.SQLCODE

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/01/26

surman_at_oracle.com (Scott Urman) wrote:

>In article <4eb456$2aq_at_cloner3.netcom.com>, chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com (Chuck Hamilton) writes:
>|> Where do I find the list of error codes that get returned in
>|> SQL.SQLCODE by SQLPLUS?
>|>
>|> example
>|>
>|> WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE
>|> --
>|> Chuck Hamilton
>|> chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com
>|>
>|> Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!
>|>
>There's an entire book of them, known as the 'Oracle7 Server Messages'. The
>WHENEVER statement will cause SQL*Plus to exit if a SQL statement fails, and
>return the Oracle error code to the operating system.

But the ORACLE error reported while in SQLPLUS (ORA-????) is not the same as the error code returned by SQL.SQLCODE when it exits back to the shell. They're entirely different numbers. I need to find out what the SQL.SQLCODE error #'s mean.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving isn't for you.