Re: RAM required by Personal Oracle 7.0

From: Stephen Turner <sturner_at_mit.edu>
Date: 1996/01/26

In article <4e95o5$dp9_at_news.indy.net>, chenxi_at_indy.net says...

>Just a simple question. I would like to install Personal Oracel 7.0
>on my PC, but it has only 12M RAM. I have been told that 16M RAM is
>required. Do I have to increase RAM to make it run? Thanks.
>
>Chen

You CAN run Personal Oracle 7 (Windows 3.1) on a PC with 12M RAM - I've done it. The install process may freeze or fail with a malloc() error right at the end, but there is a workaround for this described in one of the readme files that come with the product.

It doesn't run fast with this much memory, but at least you can do it. I also have Power Objects and can develop apps while Oracle is up and running.

Steve Turner Received on Fri Jan 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message