Re: Need info on Designer 2000 experience

From: Jeff Jacobs <jjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/01/26

len_at_cmic.ca (Leonard Vanek) wrote:

>For scheduling purposes I would like to know what the relative times
>are that one would spend using each tool in the life cycle. Does
>anyone have enough experience with following a project through the
>complete life cycle to give me an idea of how long you spent on each
>step?

>Any advice or tips would also be appreciated too. Thanks.

>Leonard Vanek
>Computer Methods International Corp.
>len_at_cmic.ca

True elapsed time depends very much on the size, complexity and difficulty of the application. It also depends on how well the system lends itself to partitioning into parallel activities and deliverable.

In very broad terms, analysis should take approximately 2/3 of the elapsed time, design and implementation approximately 1/3. (I'm lumping a lot of activities into design and implementation, including transition, etc).

In general, the more time you spend on analysis, the less time you'll spend on design/implementation, and the less time you'll spend on rework.

-JJ

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 415-571-7092, FAX: 800-665-1379 CompuServe: 76702,456  Internet: 76702.456_at_compuserve.com     Received on Fri Jan 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message