Weired: ORA-904 (invalid column name)

From: Friedel Hosenfeld <friedel_at_pz-oekosys.uni-kiel.d400.de>
Date: 1996/01/26

Hi, Kiel, 26-JAN-1996

do you know an explanation of the following experience: I have three identical tables m1, m2, and m3. Only the contents (records) is different. M1 is ok, I can use 'desc' and 'select * from' and so on. If I try to access m2 oder m3 (with SQL*Plus desc/select or exp/imp) I get 'ORA-00904 (invalid column name)'. But the columns of m1, m2, and m3 have the same names.
If I try to access them from the Browser, I can see the table, but cannot execute the query. I discovered, that if I omit one special column, I can access the rest of the table. This special column is not the same in m2 and m3. So I think it depends on the data in that columns. I cannot verify that, because I am not able to see the data!

Are there explanations or solutions for that problem?

Many thanks,
 friedel

--
    Friedel Hosenfeld         http://www.pz-oekosys.uni-kiel.de/~friedel
Ecosystem Research Centre            friedel_at_pz-oekosys.uni-kiel.d400.de