Re: NT Oracle instance autostart (was Re: Oracle in NT environment)

From: Steve Pasternak <steve.pasternak_at_clemsonsc.attgis.com>
Date: 1996/01/26

Don't write any code yet! I have an Oracle instance on my NT3.51 machine that starts automatically at boot time, without anyone logging in. Just use the utility INSTSRV.EXE from the NT resource kit (described in file SRVANY.WRI) to install SRVANY.EXE (supplied with the resource kit) as a service:

instsrv MyServiceName c:\winnt35\srvany.exe

From ControlPanel/Services, configure MyServiceName to startup automatically under some valid administrator account.

Now the fun part: call up the Registry editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
    SYSTEM\

         CurrentControlSet\
             Services\
                   MyServiceName\

Add/edit this value

    DependsOnService: REG_MULTI_SZ: OracleServiceORCL

           ("ORCL" is the default instance ID. Change it to whatever SID is running)

Add these new keys and values: Received on Fri Jan 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message