Re: Virtual I/O Caching Alpha/Oracle

From: J-Y Landry <jylandry_at_globale.net>
Date: 1996/01/26

Bob McGuire <Bob_at_Alpha> wrote:

>Greetings netters.
>
>Has anyone out in Netland attempted to change the
>VCC_MAXSIZE parameters on an Alpha from the default of
>3200 to something greater? I'm trying to get the Alpha
>running as best as possible with Oracle.

>If so, what have you changed the value to, and if there
>were changes, how were they, good/bad/no change or simply
>not worth the effort.

>Thanks for any assistance.
>Bob Mc.

I Have push it to 33000 on an AXP/3000-600 with 192 MB of mem...

Some program run much faster... Some other program using big buffersize bypass it entirelly...

Depend on your workload...

If ORACLE is your I/O workload... It is probably best to maximize the ORACLE buffering/caching facility (Don't know ORACLE to much, but this technique work very well with DBMS-32 and RDB) Received on Fri Jan 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message