Forms 4.5 MsWindows: Boilerplate graphics -> HUGE FMB/FMX FILES!

From: joukev <joukev_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1996/01/26

Hi y'all,

I am currently in the process of putting nice boilerplate graphics behind many forms modules. The images are about 640x480 pixels, in jpeg they have a size of approx. 40-90 Kb.

When these images are imported in forms, they completely trash the original filesizes. Forms binaries and executables now have the average size of 1 - 2 MEGABYTES. (without grahpics imported: 90-250 Kb).

Are there any alternatives? Loading boilerplate images at run-time is not possible, at least not in developer/2000 v1.1. Creating image items and using READ_IMAGE_FILE obscures boilerplate text and slows down performance by some strange reasons.

I wonder how this problem can be solved. Increasing all my forms with
>1000% is mentally challenged, I would say.

-Jouke Verlinden
Manager R&D, TransOpen B.V.
The Netherlands. Received on Fri Jan 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message