Re: Forms 4.0 - LOV question

From: Robert C. Nix <rnix_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/01/25

Look into using the show_lov() function.

Another method would be to store the value of the item that has the lov attached using a when-new-item-instance trigger and then after the lov (or before the procedure call) verify that the value has changed.

Stan Novinsky wrote:

> I have a Form that uses an LOV. When the user uses the mouse
> to activate the item that has the LOV attached, the list appears.
> I use a trigger (POST_TEXT_ITEM) to get the data the user selected
> from the LOV into a procedure where I can evaluate it and
> pass it to system process running on our computer via Pipes. This
> works fine as long as the user selects from the list and hits OK
> with the mose.
>
> When CANCEL is pressed on the LOV display, no selection is returned
> and the (POST_TEXT_ITEM) trigger does not get activated.
>
> Is there a way to tell if CANCEL was pressed ?
>
> thanks
>
> stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu

> * System Configuration:
> * *
> * VAXstation 4000/90
> * *
> * OpenVMS 6.1
> * Oracle 7.1, Forms 4.0
> * 3 RZ28's
> * 128 Meg Mem

Robert C. Nix
Oracle Tools Support
rnix_at_us.oracle.com

The thoughts, opinions, remarks, suggestions, ...
expressed herein are my own and in no way should
be taken as a statement from Oracle Corporation.