Re: Oracle in NT environment

From: Robert C. Nix <rnix_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/01/25

There is a service called OracleStart<SID> that starts the instance. On my machine, for instance, I have the following services: OracleServiceORCL
OracleStartORCL
OracleTNSListenter

I have them all start Automatically. If I shutdown and restart my system my database starts automatically.

When OracleStartORCL starts it starts OracleServiceORCL (the ORCL instance). If all three of the services are running then my database is running and I can connect via SQL*Net v2 (OracleTNSListener?).

Hope this helps!

Bob Blizard wrote:

> ben_at_webrider.be (Ben Van Hool) wrote:
>
> >Ulf Pettersson <Ulf.Pettersson_at_ore.ims.se> wrote:
> >
> >>Do any have one any suggestions how to start an instance automatically
> >>òn the NT platform ?

> >>Please answer to
> >>Ulf.Pettersson_at_ore.ims.se

> >>Thanks in advance
> >
> >Open the control pannel | services, then choose the desired service
> >and click te startup... button. This may clear out some things.
> >
> >Hope this helps, Ben.
> >

> This starts the services, but not the instance. I know, because I have
> tried. There is a script suggestion buried somewhere in the Oracle
> help files. I tried it once and it didn't work, but I may have made a
> mistake. I haven't gotten around to a second try.
>
> Good luck, and post if you are sucessful...
> Bob Blizard rblizard_at_bb.cmcsys.com | All these worthwhile
> CMC Systems, Inc. | opinions are mine, and
> 175 Littleton Rd Westford, MA 01886 | not necessarily CMC's...
> Ph (508) 392-1300 Fax (508) 392-1303 |
> "If you want to park in the first row of life, you must go there first."

Robert C. Nix
Oracle Tools Support
rnix_at_us.oracle.com

The thoughts, opinions, remarks, suggestions, ...
expressed herein are my own and in no way should
be taken as a statement from Oracle Corporation.