Re: ? oracle7 listener fails to start

From: Ernst Renner <QAFT97A_at_prodigy.com>
Date: 1996/01/25

Hello all!

What vs. of SQL*Net, platform and RDBMS version? I am having BIG TIME probs w/v2.2 and 7.2.2 on HP-UX 9.0.4. However, I have'nt seen the probs you described (yet!). I know that running lsnrctl start from a script (exec'd from cron or other job schedular) does not return control to the OS, but seems to hang. However, when this happens on HP, the listener actually does start and the hung proc has to be killed on the OS level, but by this time the listener starts.

I will be listing ALL the probs I have w/2.2 later in this BB. Hope something helps!
Ernst Renner Received on Thu Jan 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message