Re: Running Reports (2.5) in char mode

From: Larry Trogen <larrtro_at_frmail.rosemount.com>
Date: 1996/01/24

>Whenever I run my reports 2.5 report in character mode (mode=character), I get
>the following error:
>REP-1219: 'item1' has no size -- length or width is zero.
>
>I can run the same report in bitmapped mode and it works fine. Item1 is a
>layout field with a source that is a summary column. There is no place I know
>of to set the length or width of this layout item. I did try to change the
>summary column width, but no luck.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas on this? Any help would be appreciated.
>
>ntan_at_uscs.com

This is caused by the size (length or width) of the 'item1' field being smaller than one character when the report is run in character mode. You can see this by setting the 'Use Characters In Designer' property under the Character Mode tab of the report proterties. Also make sure you have the Grid option enabled under the view menu in the layout editor.

Even though the field height and width are not displayed in the property sheet, you can change them by selecting the field in the layout editor and dragging one of the field markers.

Good Luck,
Larry T. Received on Wed Jan 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message