Re: Using DECODE in stored function

From: Michael Marsden <MMARSDEN_at_NITGNET1.telecom.com.au>
Date: 1996/01/24

jared_at_valleynet.com (Jared Still) wrote:
> mboduch_at_interaccess.com (Mike) wrote:
> >Terry Walker <terryw> wrote:
> >>Can anyone tell me why Oracle does not allow us to use the DECODE function
> >>inside a stored function?
> >>I get the message: "ORA-1403: No data found" when I try to invoke the function.
> >>However, I do not get any compile errors when the function is created. Thanks
> >>in advance.

> DECODE is a SQL*PLUS _only_ feature.
>

> Jared Still, Oracle DBA

Well, according to my PL/SQL Users Guide and Reference (v2.0), decode is a standard 'built-in' function. (Refer page 2-59).

You certainly may use decode within stored functions and procedures.

Check your logic though !

Michael Marsden
ORACLE Database Consultant
I have no opinions ... Received on Wed Jan 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message