Re: Oracle (WG) Interfacing with WWW Documents

From: Andy Hobson <HOBSONA_at_prc4wc.igw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1996/01/23

In article <4e1q71$pke_at_newslink.runet.edu>,

   apanchan_at_runet.edu (A Panchanathan) wrote:

>I want to know whether it is possible to interface web browsers like
>netscape or hotjava with ORACLE.

For Netscape you want to look at two Oracle products: WOW & Web Server.
They allow you to call Oracle packages from HTML scripts and pass paremters etc. WOW is freely distributable and available from www.oracle.com (Just search for wow). Web Server is the official supported version of wow but you have to pay for it !

I have code to extract files from a long raw field and send it to a Web page so if you are interested then I can email you some source (Pro*C).

Let me know if you want more help - I have done a lot of this already !

Andy. Received on Tue Jan 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message