Re: Forms 4.0 - LOV question

From: Leif Karsten Klepp <leifkle_at_powertech.no>
Date: 1996/01/23

Stan Novinsky (stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu) wrote:

: I have a Form that uses an LOV. When the user uses the mouse
: to activate the item that has the LOV attached, the list appears.
: I use a trigger (POST_TEXT_ITEM) to get the data the user selected
: from the LOV into a procedure where I can evaluate it and
: pass it to system process running on our computer via Pipes. This
: works fine as long as the user selects from the list and hits OK
: with the mose.
:
: When CANCEL is pressed on the LOV display, no selection is returned
: and the (POST_TEXT_ITEM) trigger does not get activated.
:
: Is there a way to tell if CANCEL was pressed ?

Perhaps you could use the Show_Lov built-in? This function returns TRUE if the operator selcts from the list, FALSE if the operator Cancels and dismiss the list.

(For a full description, see Forms 4.0, Reference Manual Volume I (or II))

Hope this helps,
Leif K.

Leif Karsten Klepp, Consultant
E-Mail: leifkle_at_powertech.no
S-Mail: [finger leifkle_at_powertech.no]

The views presented in this text does not neccessarily correspond with those of my organization or employer. These are my opinions, as a private individual. Received on Tue Jan 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message