DEFAULT_DOMAIN = DOMAIN_DB?

From: <machl001_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu>
Date: 1996/01/23

In version 7.2 of Oracle, there are two parameters that make up the global database name. The first part is the local database name and the second part (parameter domain_db) identifies the domain within the global network. An example of domain_db is .hdqt.us.mycompany.com. There is also a similar SQL*Net parameter (NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN). Can any tell me definitively if these parameters represent the same thing? I can't find anything in the documentation that will tell me.

Thanks in advance for taking time to respond.

Cherie

Cherie Machler
machl001_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu Received on Tue Jan 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message