Re: SGA

From: Paul Osborn <posborn_at_menlosoftware.com>
Date: 1996/01/22

dherman_at_be0988.be.ford.com (David A. Herman) wrote:

>What is the common forumla for computing SGA for
>Oracle 7.2.2?

>I know the (db_block_buffers * db_block_size) +
>sort_area_size + shared_pool_size + 1 Meg

>But, what is the optimal DB_BLOCK_BUFFER size? The
>DB_BLOCK_SIZE? Sort_Area_Size? and Shared_pool_size?

>My database has roughly a half million records and is
>100Meg total table space.

>Thanks in advance!

>David Herman
>dherman_at_be0988.be.ford.com
>dherman_at_wwnet.com

Tuning the Oracle DB is a large subject, and many issues come into play. For example, are your users going to be running any batch jobs, will they be running OLTP, a combination, ORACLE applications...?

Consider the following sources:

www.tusc.com
Oracle Performance Tuning by Peter Corrigan & Mark Gurry

[warning: self promotion on]

www.menlosoftware.com

[self promotion off]

Regards,
Paul Osborn
posborn_at_menlosoftware.com Received on Mon Jan 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message