RE: LARGE DATABASES-UNIX SUN SOLARIS 2.4

From: Mary McDonald <mmcdonal_at_harris.com>
Date: 1996/01/22

HELP! I am trying to build several 10gig + tables and I don't know what is the best file size for the datafiles. I've heard that for a Sun Solaris2.4 unix server the filesizes may not be any bigger than 2gig's?? Is this true. If not, what about disk stripping a 10gig datafile into 5 2gig chunks(not ORACLE stripping) This would lessen the number of extents by having only 1 ten gig datafile. Any recommendations or info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mary McDonald
DBA
Harris Semiconductors Received on Mon Jan 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message