Re: Export n Import Users

From: <Alain.Collin_at_ping.be>
Date: 1996/01/22

Loy Huey Peng <loyhp_at_po.pacific.net.sg> wrote:

>Hi there.
>I have 2 Ora7.1 accts, abc & xyz. Each has its own default tablespace,
>abcdata & xyzdata respectively.
>I exported the entrie contents (tables, views, procedures etc) of abc
>using the exp command.
>I then tried to import this dump file into xyz's acct. However, the
>problem I have is that the tables being recreated into xyz are
>still kept in abcdata. I even tried the fromuser=abc & touser=xyz
>parameters but without luck.
>What did I do wrong?
>Please help. I'm already stuck in this for 3 full days now.
>Thank you.

Hi,

Your problem is that in the export file, the tablespace name of the tables you exported is stored as well ( this is part of the table's definition ) Thus, in your case "abcdata" as abc's tables where stored in tablespace abcdata at the moment of export.

Now two solutions exist :

  1. See manual "ORACLE7 Server Utilities User's Guide" page 3-4 "Reorganizing Tablespaces"

    In brief, you have to make sure that either you don't have any     quota anymore on the tablespace abcdata, either drop the     tablespace abcdata or you can try with taking this tablespace     temporary offline. In other words, the tablespace has to become     unaccessible.
    Make also sure the default tablespace for the user is set to     xyzdata.

2) Import first with the option "indexfile=..."

    This will create you a file holding all the creation statements of     indexes as well as of tables.
    Edit this file and change the tablespace name "abcdata" into     "xyzdata".
    Use this script to create the tables under xyz.     Import again using the option "ignore=y"

I hope this will help,
Alain

  • For any additional info do not hesitate : *
  • *
  • Alain.Collin_at_ping.be *