Re: Performance issue with Oracle Reports 2.5

From: Per Brondum <pbrondum_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/01/20

Eric Winslette wrote:

> We're experiencing a horrendous performance problem with Oracle Reports 2.5.
> Running on a 486/66 with 16mb memory so hw shouldn't be a problem...Windows 95
> is the OS, so may be an issue. When trying to reposition an item on the
> screen (after adding 10-15 other items) Reports slows to a crawl. Taking 3-5
> seconds to return. Any suggestions or known problems? Thanks for any help...
> -------------------
> Eric Winslette
> Sterling Information Group
> winslett_at_sterinfo.com
> Austin, Texas

Known problem; the Layout Outline in the Object navigator is being updated on object movement and creation on the layout, and on layouts with a large number of objects that can take a while (10 seconds).

Turn off the option 'Show Layout structure' under the Tools->Options, and you'll see better performance.

Rgds,

--
Per Brondum
Senior Manager