Re: Printer Configuration in ORACLE REPORTS 2.0

From: Per Brondum <pbrondum_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/01/20

Vladimir Filipov wrote:

> Question number one:
>
> I want to run a report when a push-button is pressed in Oracle Forms
> 4.0. The report will be printed on a predefined printer (a simple matrix
> printer). I have tryed to send parameters (DESTYPE, DESNAME, DESFORMAT and
> PAGESIZE) to Oracle Reports 2.0 about the printer connected. But the report
> will always be truncated on more than 80 characters per row !
>
> Question number two:
>
> I want some printers to be used by Oracle Reports 2.0. One of the
> printers will be selected default (if user don't select another one in the list
> box with connected printers). When I start Oracle Reports in RUNTIME mode (in
> the RUN_PRODUCT() call) from Oracle Forms 4.0 the standard printing selection
> can be performed. But the user must remember to enter PAGE SETUP Form to
> configurate the caracteristic about the printer, otherwise the report will be
> truncated. I want to configurate this only once so the user don't have to. Have
> you some solution of this standard printer selection or do you prefer to create
> your own printer selection form and sending the selection to Oracle Reports by
> parameters ?
>
> --
> Vladimir.N.Filipov_at_seisy.mail.abb.com

A1: Looks like you're running a character report, and the DFLT.PRT is restricting your layout to 80 columns. Just modify the file to say 180, and re-run the report.

A2: You'll have to upgrade to Reports 2.5 which support switching the reports printer dynamically, even from the commandline. See the Release Notes for details on how this is done.

Rgds,

--
Per Brondum
Senior Manager