Re: SQL*Net V2 and ODBC

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1996/01/20

In article <4dr4cc$qkd_at_cisun2000.unil.ch>, Francois Junod <fjunod_at_hospvd.ch> wrote:
>Is it possible to have an ODBC connection with SQL*Net V2?
>Do I need specific version of drivers or ODBC staff?
>If yes, where can I find them?

Yes it is. ODBC doesn't link to SQL*Net and ODBC doesn't care what SQL*Net is uses. SQL*Net is purely an Oracle communication layer. ODBC drivers link to Oracle client libs which dynamically load SQL*Net DLLs depending on your connect string. SQL*Net V2 exists for Win3.1 and Win95. ODBC drivers exist for 16bit and 32bit, you just need to figure out which you need.