Re: sql query problem

From: Joe Nardone <joe_at_access5.digex.net>
Date: 1996/01/19

Heather Dyson (heather.dyson_at_template.com) wrote:
: I have a table that has a primary key of
: number, code, month
:
: Let's say that I have the following data
:
: number code month
: ------ ---- -----
: 1 a 1
: 1 b 1
: 1 b 2
:
: example would be
:
: number code month
: 1 a 1
: 1 b 2
:

A combination of MAX/group by should do it.

Select number, code, max(month) from table  group by number, code

Joe

Joe Nardone <joe_at_access.digex.net>
"Now that I have my coffee, I'm ready to watch radar."